No products in the cart.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is micro-export?
Micro-export is a term that Limmited has coined to explain our re-segmentation of the traditional export industry. B2B direct-to-customer cross-border e-commerce and fulfilment has now reached a point in which it is feasible for buyers to purchase international premium products and
profit from the competitive point of difference.
Micro-export is a systematic online sales process enabling producers to directly validate the feasibility of an international market (Hong Kong and
China) with sales from an existing customer base and therefore proving that investment in traditional large volume exporting is a viable growth strategy.
Can I sell on Limmited if I am already a licensed exporter?
Yes you can, but we require you to follow the micro-export system that exists for micro-exporters. Technically the only point of difference is that a buyer can order pallets instead of a maximum of 11 cases.
Why can customers order 1 to 132 bottles of wine?
Australian wine export regulation has licensing and other regulatory requirements when 100L or more of wine is sold internationally. It turns out that 99L of wine equals 132 750ml bottles, or 11 cases of wine, and this regulation allows micro-exporters to test sales in international markets. In the long term the Limmited marketplace is designed to help turn ‘microexporters’ into ‘traditional exporters’ by enabling them to execute on international sales, increase revenue and validate that they have an existing customer base.
What does it cost to be a seller on the Limmited marketplace?
For the first twenty wineries the custom interview video, number of product listings and subscription membership are forever complimentary. Limmited receives a 10% commission fee at the point of transaction that is automatically split and deposited into the Limmited Stripe account. The remaining 90% is deposited automatically into your Stripe account and is in your bank seven days later. Shipping fees, Credit/Debit Card and Stripe Payment Gateway fees are passed onto the buyer at the point of transaction.
How does selling on the marketplace work?
Wholesalers, retailers, hoteliers, restauranteurs and oenophiles are unlikely to buy any wine in multiple cases without tasting it first. We have structured a first-time Buyer’s purchase of samples to be charged at a retail price. At the point of transaction when a Buyer’s account is created they automatically receive a ‘wholesale customer role’ which then dynamically displays case pricing in the store minus WET and GST for return and repeat orders. The case prices should still be at a premium price because technically it is a direct-to-customer sale.
How is product pricing for samples and wholesale cases?
Firstly you are selling premium wine that Hong Kong businesses cannot readily buy or supply. Secondly, the purchasing of your premium wine gives the buyer an advantage over their competitors because they can now offer their customers a scarce premium product. Hong Kong (and China) have a very large upper middle class market consuming premium wine and we believe that your samples should be sold at the RRP or above because of the reasons stated. Whilst our target market is business-to-business we are confident that oenophile consumers will also want to purchase your product in small and large quantities.